Building Cleaning Services Advises Companies, Building Owners and Landlords to Act Fast on Mold Growth
LOS ANGELES, CA: With a potential of rainy months ahead of us, Building Cleaning Services, (http://buildingcleaningservices.net/), a Los Angeles mold remediation and building cleaning company, raises awareness about rapidly addressing moisture indoors before mold growth occurs. However, it warns that should there be evidence of water damage or the smell of mold is present, it should be addressed quickly to prevent structural damage to the property. California law requires landlords to give written disclosure that mold is present in a building that either exceeds the permissible exposure limits allowed or poses a health threat.
The company has been working in the Los Angeles mold prevention and remediation field for over 15 years and works with companies, building and home owners, landlords and tenants to ensure a quick and effective remediation.
Common issues causing mold include:
• a roof, wall, or window leak that caused moisture to build up
• an interior plumbing leak
• deficient bathroom or kitchen ventilation
• failure to dry out carpets or other materials that may have been soaked by flooding, plumbing leaks or overflows, or fire clean-up
• Product defects, such as in wood decking, building structure
In August 2013, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California granted preliminary approval of a Settlement Agreement to resolve a nationwide class action lawsuit filed in California against a company with wood-alternative decking and railing that was susceptible to mold. The cost to the company under the settlement was capped at $8.25 million.
BCS specializes in environmental cleaning, water damage restoration, and mold remediation (removal). Our company comes highly recommended because we are renowned for providing reliable, honest help in all aspects of managing and eradicating mold in the safest possible way.
Its website provides invaluable information about mold prevention and risks, advising:
• Repairing plumbing leaks and leaks in the building structure as soon as possible.
• Looking for condensation and wet spots. Fix source(s) of moisture incursion problem(s) as soon as possible.
• Preventing moisture from condensing by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in the air (humidity).
• Keeping HVAC (air-conditioning) drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
• Performing regularly scheduled building / HVAC inspections and maintenance, including filter changes.
• Maintaining indoor relative humidity below 70% (25 – 60%, if possible).
• Venting moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible.
• Venting kitchens (cooking areas) and bathrooms according to local code requirements.
• Providing adequate drainage around buildings and sloping the ground away from building foundations. Follow all local building codes.
The message is clear: watch for the tell-tale signs and handle mold before it becomes a health risk to a building’s occupants and a potential financial risk to company and building owners/landlords.
Here are comments from just one of Building Cleaning Services’ clients: “The entire crew from Building Cleaning Services was professional and highly skilled. We were in a very tough situation with the black water intrusion and mold situation in our house, but they helped to get our home back to normal. I can sleep better at night knowing that a good job was done in our home. I would highly recommend these folks to anyone. We received several quotes and some were lower than BCS, but no other company demonstrated the same depth of knowledge and that gave us confidence that they knew what they were doing.”
Building Cleaning Services’ other reviews on Yelp can be seen at http://www.yelp.com/biz/building-cleaning-services-glendale
BCS provides water damage handling and mold removal services for the Greater Los Angeles area, and other areas of Southern California. Established in 1997, they have over a decade of experience as a company with fast service, high professionalism and work ethic. BCS is certified by the Institute of Inspection and Cleaning and Restoration and Environmental Testing & Technology. To learn more, visit http://www.BuildingCleaningServices.net, or call 818-953-7100 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.