Foundation Construction Company Urges Homeowners To Maintain Foundations
LOS ANGELES, CA: Julian Construction, Inc. (http://www.julianconstruction.com/) is beginning a campaign to raise public awareness on the importance of maintainng a stable foundation for a home. In addition to their assertion on monies saved, the company has also raised questions on the safety for a family living in a home with a poor foundation. The company is also listing recommendations on the steps to take to maintain a foundation. Julian Construction is a foundation repair and foundation construction company in Southern California.
The company provided the following list as part of its campaign, as ways to maintain a foundation and protect it from damage.
1. Ensure proper drainage. Gutters, drain spouts etc. should be used to stop water from accumulating in any one place around a home and should move water away from the house. Water can be erosive of a foundation, so steps should be taken to ensure it is properly channeled. Also ensure the ground around the house is graded to slope away from the foundation.
2. Repair any plumbing problems. Similar to #1, water is the issue here. Pipes, faucets, sprinklers and other apparatus that are leaking can cause foundation problems. Regularly inspect your home’s plumbing for these issues and get them repaired at once.
3. Keep soil moisture at a constant level. Soil contracts and expands depending on moisture, and this can disrupt the stability of the foundation for a home directly. In dry periods, ensure your lawn is regularly watered to keep moisture levels even.
4. Install a root barrier. This is conditional on if there are trees or shrubs placed near your home. If this is the case then steps must be taken to ensure the roots do not encroach on the foundation. A root barrier can stop these from doing further damage. In the future, take steps to plant trees and shrubs farther away from the foundation of your home.
5. Weatherproof your home. Check for the holes and cracks around your home that will allow moisture to go through. Use caulking, weatherstripping, etc. to handle these.
Julian De La Torre, founder of Julian Construction Inc., stated “Proper maintenance of a foundation is very, very important to the structure and value of your home. There’s nothing that could be more crucial than ensuring that this is kept up. First of all, when a foundation is damaged it could very easily cause uneven floors, cracks in walls, and other problems observable directly in the home. But even more important is the potential risk in the event of an earthquake, because if a foundation is in poor condition then the house may not stand up to the conditions of the earthquake, and would cause the structure to collapse or even move off of the foundation. So it is extremely important that a foundation be well maintained.”
Julian Construction owns its own company and is built on a “no middlemen” model – no salesmen, no subcontractors. When you work with Julian Construction you get the principals of the company and workers of Julian Construction under your home. The result is the highest quality work at affordable prices. They can be contacted by phone at 323 733-3377, by fax at 323 733-4477 or via their website, www.julianconstruction.com. You can see tips and advice about home foundations on their blog, at http://julianconstruction.typepad.com.